Regulations and guidelines for transportation of guns, firearms and weapons to and from Venice Airport.
Transportation is subject to advance booking and acceptance by the airline. Check with the airline's official website for booking details and costs.
- Weapons (bladed weapons, firearms and compressed air weapons) and ammunition may only be transported in the hold.
- Weapons must be unloaded, disassembled and packed in special closed containers.
- Ammunition must be packed in special shock and fire resistant containers.
Drop-off and collection
- Weapons and ammunition must be labelled at the check-in desk and then handed over to the Airport Police, who will check the documentation in the passenger's possession and then load them on board the aircraft.
- On arrival at Venice Marco Polo Airport, weapons and ammunition must be collected from the Airport Police.